Current Projections in Commercial Real Estate
Countless articles reference robust markets and positive feedback concerning the current commercial real estate market. Jeffery DeBoer, CEO and president of Roundtable was quoted in an article this past September stating “the commercial real estate industry remains confident for the remainder of 2018.”
Notably, he is not alone in his projections, numerous other articles can be found on this precise topic. A survey was completed in September 2018 by 45 economists/analysts at 33 leading real estate organizations. Results based on the semiannual ULI Real Estate Economic Forecast, prepared by the ULI Center for Capital Markets and Real Estate. You can view that survey here.
Highlights from the 48 page survey covering the 2018-2020 forecast period include the following:
- U.S. GDP
- Net job growth
- Expected yields on the ten (10) year treasury note
- Real estate transaction volumes
- Stable CMBS issuance
- Commercial real estate prices
- Rent growth
- National vacancy or availability rates
- Forecast returns as measured by NCREIF property index
- Equity real estate investment trust returns
- Single-family housing outlook
Curious about our most current economic standing? Check out the most recent area economic summaries, the links are below.